We welcome these topics:
- Questions you would typically ask a home contractor.
- Which tools, materials, and best practices for home improvement task.
- Identifying the source or cause of a problem within your home.
- National building codes (of any country).
- Installation, maintenance, and repair of major appliances.
- Carpentry and woodworking.
The two bolded topics, at least, look as though they might also fit on this site, although our what's on-topic page in the help centre hasn't been filled in yet.
This isn't a problem in itself - there are plenty of other Stack Exchange sites with overlapping scope - but perhaps we should address how to deal with the issues that might arise from this. What is the difference between this site and Home Improvement in attitudes towards questions on similar topics? How should we advise new users who aren't sure which site to post on? It'd be great to have a nutshell summary of the difference between the two sites when it comes to questions that could fit on either.