So I have been confused on whether I should post culinary arts on here, or on seasoned advice. I don't want to post any culinary arts related questions and get shutdown cause of them. By culinary arts I mean cake decorating, chocolate carving, tart decorating etc.
This really depends on what you're looking for.
I would say that questions that center around taste or flavor or actual cooking processes don't belong here.
So, the following are bad:
- How do I make stiff icing that's not too sweet?
- Are dark or light pans better for baking?
- What is the appropriate sugar stage for making toffee?
Questions that strictly relate to an artsy decorating of something would be acceptable here:
So, these I would be fine with:
- When making a rose with fondant icing, how do you adhere the petals to each other without ruining them?
- What is an effective method for making a stencil for powdered sugar on my chocolate torte?
- I am trying to make lace icing - of powdered, gel, and water-based color, which will affect the performance of the royal icing the least?
- I can't get my fondant molds to release - how do I keep the fondant from sticking?
- When piping and flooding cookies, what is the consistency difference between the piped icing and the flood icing?
As you can see... these questions seem to mostly be about frosting... but that's probably just where my brain is. If you can give us more specific examples in your question we can address them more directly.